Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At MyBestSitter.com, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
INFORMATION MyBestSitter.com GATHERS AND TRACKS
MyBestSitter.com gathers two types of information about users:
• Information that users provide to the site through optional, voluntary submissions. These are including Sitter Profile information, messages on the Job Posting BBS, your email address we require to send your message to other users or to receive our electronic newsletters:
• Information MyBestSitter.com gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our service to users' needs and to help our possible advertisers and sponsors better understand the demographics of our audience. Under no circumstances does MyBestSitter.com divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
MyBestSitter.com Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
1. Distribution of Sitter Profile information policy (Dispatches) We will offer a free distribution service of Sitter Profile to guardians who offer a babysitting job. To create the Sitter Profile, user registration to the site is required.
2. Job Posting BBS policy MyBestSitter.com requires the email address of use of Job Posting BBS, which may be used to forward you contact emails from other users.
Consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent.
MyBestSitter.com tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. MyBestSitter.com does break down overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user's browser).
MyBestSitter.com sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
USE OF INFORMATION
MyBestSitter.com uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to forward contact email between users and to enable users to find sitter service provider and receiver. MyBestSitter.com never shares email address or registered sitter lists with any third parties.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don't track which terms a particular user enters.
MyBestSitter.com creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers, sponsors and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs. Because we don't track the usage patterns of individual users, an advertiser or sponsor will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. We will not disclose any information about any individual user except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
MyBestSitter.com uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and help our advertisers better understand our audience's demographics. This is essential to keeping our service free. We will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
MyBestSitter.com operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
• Opting not to register to the site.
• Opting not to disclose information on the Sitter Profile which is not essentially needed to complete the profile.
• Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.